This year the Magna Carta turned 800 years old. Initially ambiguous in its future, this document has transformed over time into an icon that has rippled throughout world history with positive change. To me, the Magna Carta is one of the most inspiring examples of timelessness. Today the Magna Carta is the foundation of liberty and human rights in many parts of the world. This deck series was created to honor and celebrate this landmark occasion.
This series is split up into two factions. Royals vs. Rebels. The Royals deck commands attention in rich black, representing the King and his empire. The sleek back design features the gorgeous crowned lion in which 3 heads represent the 3 lion crest of the Angevin Empire. As a way to pay tribute to this event, you can now recreate it with the world's first hexapytch deck series. Often times the sides of a tuck case are wasted away with filler text, being an underutilized area for artwork. Inspired by old book collections which featured beautiful murals across their spines, I've illustrated this famous event based on the iconic image of the signing. Utilizing 2 decks of the Royals as the center with a Rebels deck on either end creates the basic image, adding a King John deck (Gold or Silver) on the very ends completes the full image.
For collectors I've crafted a special King John deck representing the origin of the Magna Carta. This deck is crucial in helping tell the story of the abuse in taxation which spurred the eventual rebellion. The deck represents the motivations of the Magna Carta, featuring King John tuck case but with the Rebel Baron's gold in hand representing the taxation crisis.
Limited Edition GOLD King John Deck Features
- Only 500 printed
- Features a completely new tuck case adorning the majestic Ace of Spades of King John with the gold of the Rebels
- Gilded shimmering gold edges by USPCC to help maintain final deck sealed in mint condition.
- Tuck case is foiled with eye-catching gold and embossed on premium stock to provide a sense of depth to the touch.
- Cards are made with Aristocrat stock and coated with premium magic finish for increased longevity and performance.
- Card designs feature gorgeous metallic gold accents throughout that help unite the cards to their cases and to each other.
- Printed with the United States Playing Card Company
NOTE - In addition a silver guilded version of the King John deck was created and available ONLY through the Kickstarter project at 800 decks produced. The silver and gold versions of the deck differ only by the seal and the color of the edge guilding.